Thank you for taking the time to lead a trip for WTMC.
The following information should help you plan a great trip. However don’t be afraid to ask for tips from other club members. We’re here to help.
As a WTMC trip leader, you are expected to:
- Plan the trip including:
- confirming punters and numbers
- collecting money
- forwarding emergency contact details
- sorting out route, group gear and food and
- finding van drivers from within your group
- Lead during the trip, which primarily means:
- facilitating good decision making by the group and
- keeping an eye on how people are going
- also being prepared to take charge in difficult/emergency situations.