You don't need to become a member to come on our trips, but we think you'll want to once you've experienced how much fun they are.
Some of the benefits of being a member are:
- Discounted rates for overnight trips
- Access to member-only events and training courses such as our popular snowcraft course
- Federated Mountain Club membership (including a free monthly magazine and pretty awesome discount card that we send you in June every year)
- 30% discount off a DOC annual backcountry hut pass
- Preferential bookings and rates at the WTMC Lodge on Mt Ruapehu
- Paua Hut access and free accommodation
- Annual club journal. Produced in a coffee-table format featuring stunning photos and the best articles from our members
- Getting involved. Our club has a strong voice on development and use of our local wilderness areas; as a member you have a voice and vote at our AGMs; you could gain confidence in public speaking by giving slide show presentations at club nights and you could also gain navigation and leadership experience by leading trips.