- The number of people going on a trip ranges from 2 to 10.
- Most trips depart on Friday evenings at 5.15pm from the Wellington railway station and return on the following Sunday.
- You may camp out under a fly on Friday night. Accommodation on the Saturday night will depend on the trip, but even if you are staying in a hut you may need to sleep on the floor or under a fly if it’s full.
- Saturday night meals are communal; your leader will ask you to bring several ingredients for this meal. You need to sort out your own food for breakfasts, lunches and snacks.
Your leader will contact you approximately 2 weeks prior to the trip to
- confirm you are still going on the trip
- ask you to pay to confirm your place
- ask you for an emergency contact person
- ask if you have any special dietary requirements
- ask if you have any pre-existing medical conditions.
Nearer to the trip date, your leader will contact you asking you to bring
- one item of communal gear (like a fly, first aid kit, or billy), which you will collect from the club rooms the Wednesday prior to departure and
- your specified ingredients for the shared dinner on Saturday evening.
The club has a recommended list of items you take with you on a trip.