22 Jul 2021 at 12:26 pm #44897Tony GazleyKeymaster
Car parking at Iwikau, Mt Ruapehu – what you need to know if you are staying at the lodge during the ski season.
If you are taking a car to Iwikau at Mt Ruapehu for any weekend during the ski season you need to get the car parking booking system sorted.
For weekends from 31 July through to 5 September 2021 you must book a carpark. But this year there are two systems – one for club members staying in a lodge on the mountain, and one for everyone else.
The one for everyone else remains as previous years and you can book at https://www.mtruapehu.com/parking
For those staying at the club lodge you also need to book – but you get a sort of preferential parking. And to access the Club Portal you require a PIN from the club booking person. This will be provided to you once your booking is confirmed.
The idea behind the two booking systems is that club members will not be confined by the Wednesday releases of the main booking system. Whether it will work as planned remains to be seen – but it is a reasonable first step so give it a try and be patient (or if you just get annoyed then suggest a better system – we will be waiting to hear from you).
It is also worth noting that there is a requirement to obtain a parking permit from the DOC Visitors Centre at Whakapapa Village if you intend to leave your car there at any time (weekdays included) for longer than 120 minutes.
Read below from the RMCA for info regarding the Club Portal:
• Bookable parking should run for only six weekends during 2021: between July 31st and September 5th . This may change if the region moves to COVID Alert Level 2 or higher.
• Club members staying overnight (including life and season pass holders) will need to book for every night of their stay during the bookable period/s. (i.e., book for both Friday and Saturday nights if arriving on Friday, this means you are booked for both Saturday and Sunday).
• Clubs will be provided with a PIN login to access the Club/Lodge booking system. Note, the PIN will be subject to change should any part of the portal be misused. If this occurs, clubs will be updated. We suggest that the PIN be provided only to club members who have confirmed their accommodation.
• Club members will be able to book ahead of their planned stay by using the Club/Lodge portal. This is an improvement on last year as the club/lodge portal is not subject to the Wednesday releases that the main bookable system is.
• Club members will need to book even if they plan to arrive on the Friday night so that they can arrive through the control point in the morning should their evening arrival be delayed for any reason.
• If club members cancel/change their accommodation booking, they should also cancel/change their car park booking.
• For club members visiting the Turoa Ski Field; they will need to book a day park using the main RAL public booking system. The Club/Lodge Portal does not apply to Turoa.
• The URL to access the site is https://evacheck.in/whakapapa-overnight
• The PIN for your club is available only via your club booking officer when your accommodation is confirmed.
• Please keep your Club PIN confidential. Do not post the PIN on social media or web site. RMCA emphasises that the club/lodge portal is a trial and although the new portal for clubs has tried to cater for as much practicality as possible, we know that improvements may be needed. We ask that club committees encourage their club members to respect and embrace the new system as a trial and provide feedback via their club committee.