FMC has been advised of the release of the Kahurangi Draft Natopnal Park Management Plan.
We would be very interested to hear from clubs in the area about any matters of concern they have about the plan.
The email from DoC says:
The partial review is focused on:
* enabling mountain biking in three places within the park, including the Heaphy Track
* provisions on aircraft use
* the creation of a Heaphy Place
* add clarity on restrictions for private accommodation on the Heaphy Track
* change to restrictions for WARO activities
* minor change regarding a guided horse riding concession in the northern part
of the park