The lodge subcommittee is keen to promote the lodge not only as accommodation for skiers and boarders but also as an attractive base for summer adventures – day walks, weekend tramps, rock climbing, summer skiing, MTBing, canyoning, sunny BBQs on the deck at the end of a day, and lots more.
As part of this we are organising a club photo competition to get some exciting pictures for our web pages, Facebook and other publicity material. Starting immediately here are the very simple rules:
- All photos need to have a ‘lodge theme’. What this means is entirely up to you – but photos of your cat on the bed at home are unlikely to win you a prize. An example pic is below.
- Photos may be any resolution, taken on any camera – but clearly better quality photos will be more useful.
- Closing date for entries is 31 May 2018.
- Send all entries to zn.gr1519296754o.cmt1519296754w@lan1519296754ruoj1519296754 at full resolution.
- Entries will be judged by members’ vote on a club Wednesday meeting sometime in June.
- We have some cool prizes. First prize is a free weekend for two people at the lodge. Second and third prizes are Bivouac vouchers.
Megan Sety climbing at Whakapapa Gorge – 15 minutes walk from the lodge
So – simple as. All you have to do now is get up to the lodge and start clicking. There will be a number of club trips scheduled to the mountain over summer to get you started – but remember club members can book and use the lodge at any time and non-members are welcome to come along. Additionally the lodge will be open between 26 December to 7 January – just rock up – no booking required.