Be careful!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Craig

A warning to those heading into the Ruahine’s this weekend.
      Kevin Polwart escaped from Rimutaka Prison late last week and has been sighted in Palmerston North. The 40-year-old was serving a ten year sentence for his part in the armed robbery of a bank in Paraparaumu in May 1999. He has bought a range of camping equipment from Doyles and The Warehouse, including a sleeping bag and thermal clothing. Inspector John Johnston of Upper Hutt police belives that Polwart has headed into the Ruahine’s and will be staying at either Sunrise, Waikamaka or Maropea Forks Huts this weekend. Inspector Johnston warns trampers going into the area that Polwart is considered dangerous and should not be approached.

• #16141 Reply
      Andrew

Given the likely quality of the gear he has purchased I expect him to be dead by the weekend if he attempts to camp out. Where would you go if running from the Police? To a hut only a few hours from a roadend? I think not.

• #16142 Reply
      Ray

This has got to be a hoax or a joke! If the police really knew he was going to be at one of these huts, they would already be there waiting for him to arrive.

The club easy trip just happens to be going to Sunrise Hut this week-end. Does anyone have any messages they would like passed on to this guy if he happens to turn up!

• #16143 Reply
      Wayne

I understand there is a bigger risk from low-flying seagulls… as Glynne can testify to..

• #16145 Reply
      q-boy

We’re not taking ice axes for nothing.

Quentin

• #16146 Reply
      Craig

Don’t worry guys. He’s moved on to the Tauranga area. Don’t forget to check the hut log book this weekend, he may have left an entry.

• #16147 Reply
      Glynne Lloyd

I believe he has also signed up for the solstice weekend. He is hoping to play in Lyndsay’s cricket team on the summit plateau.

• #16149 Reply
      Erin

It’s OK!
      He was last seen boarding a plane to Guatamala with his good friend Postman Pat.

• #16150 Reply
      Craig

Just out of interest, was Doctor Hone Ropata also seen boarding the plane?

Viewing 8 reply threads
Reply To: Be careful!
Your information: