!!! Due to the current Covid-19 situation, the lodge opening will be dependent on Government guidance and Department of Conservation approval to open up land and facilities.!!!
It is important to know that the lodge is run by those staying there. A lodge leader is appointed for each stay and we ask that you follow their instructions.
If you are staying at the lodge, you will need to help with its running:
- Help out with the preparation of all meals.
- Spend 30 mins of your time on cleaning tasks before you leave.
- A duties roster will be organised during your stay, asking you to look after a particular part of the lodge.
wtmc.org.nz/lodgebookings — preferred method
This is the most reliable booking method. Availability and your booking will be confirmed by the online booking system immediately.
The internet based booking system will give you an option to request either a double (shared) or single bunk and you will have the ability to state your bunk or room preference. Every effort will be made to accommodate your selected preference. However, depending on prior selection by others your bunk preference is not guaranteed.
Contact the Lodge Booking Officer
Alternatively you can contact the booking officer using our contact form – select ‘Lodge’ in the ‘To’ box of the form.
Bookings cannot be confirmed until payment is made. Online bookings will take precedence until payment is received and the Booking Officer has the time to process your booking manually.
- Your name, email and phone number (mobile preferred),
- arrival/departure dates,
- number of nights,
- names of individuals,
- Member/ Non Member,
- booking type, e.g. adult (see rates table)
- bunk preference (if you have one).
How to Pay
When booking using wtmc.org.nz/LodgeBookings – pay by credit card.
If booking manually – pay for your stay by depositing your money in the WTMC Club bank account.
Use ‘Your Name – Ruapehu- Arrival Date’ as the banking reference, and let the Lodge booking officer know when you have paid and how much.
1. Booking Priority. Bookings are first come, first served, with bookings open earlier for members than non-members. Winter bookings normally open on 1 May for members, and 1 Jun for non-members.
2. Booking Confirmation. Your booking is not confirmed until payment is received. NO PAYMENT = NO BOOKING.
3. Winter weekends
- Run from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon, including all meals on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday. If planning to stay only one night in a weekend you still need to pay for the whole weekend.
- Bookings must be made by 9pm on the Wednesday prior to the weekend you want to book so that the food can be organised.
4. Winter weeks. Run for 5 nights from Sunday evening to Friday afternoon, during the winter ski season.
5. Vouching for non-members. When a member books non-members into the lodge they are accepting responsibility for their behaviour.
6. Direct Bookings from Non-Members.
- Bookings from non-members can be accepted. Bookings MAY be refused if they do not have Club members prepared to vouch for them.
- Non-members booking online will be required to enter a referring members name into the booking system.
- The lodge must always have a member staying in the lodge. Non-members not already accompanied by a member should contact the booking officer first before making a booking to check there is a member present for the stay.
- It is your responsibility to get yourself to and from the Lodge.
- Be prepared for winter driving and carry snow chains.
- If you need transport, then mention this to the Lodge Booking Officer; there may be car-pooling options available.
8. Refunds. All booking cancellations must be made through the Lodge Booking Officer. Refunds will be made on the following basis:
- Trips of 5 nights or more: Providing a cancellation is received by 8.00pm three Mondays before the trip runs, refund is 50% of total booking. Otherwise, there is no refund.
- Trips of less than 5 nights: Providing cancellation is received by 8.00pm, two Mondays before the trip runs, refund is 50% of total booking. Otherwise, there is no refund.
- All other refund requests will be made at the discretion of the General Committee.
9. Closure due to weather conditions. We do not issue refunds due to adverse weather conditions or if Bruce Road is closed. We advise that visitors check the weather conditions before setting out and adjust plans accordingly. The club has been advised that Bruce Road will be closed at 6pm if snow is forecast.
10. Lodge Capacity. Lodge capacity is 32 persons including babies sleeping in cots. Due to safety regulations, overbooking the lodge on any night is not permitted.
Cost to Stay in the Lodge
Great news for families and teens! Thanks to your support we’ve been able to maintain lower youth rates to encourage more young people and family groups to use our lodge.
Nov 2020 to 24th June 2021
|Members (per night)||Non-members (per night)|
26 Jun 2020 to 25 Oct 2020
|Members (per night)||Non-members (per night)|
- All values GST Inclusive.
- 2 night minimum stay, Fri and Sat nights.
- Winter rates include food ; Summer rates do not include food.
To book a place at the Lodge, follow our instructions above in this page or contact the Lodge booking officer for further information.
Due to the current Covid-19 situation the winter calendar has not been included on this site.
Group bookings previously arranged will still stand for the interim.
A calendar will be included as soon as we can decide on a time to open the lodge.
Lodge opening will be dependent on Government guidance and Department of Conservation approval to open up land and facilities.
|Date (Sat)||Weekend||Following Week||Notes|
|2020 Events to be confirmed.|