The Lodge Is Run by Those Staying
This is important to know before booking.
There is a lodge leader appointed for each stay. We ask that you follow their instructions.
If you are staying at the lodge we ask that you do your bit to help out with its running:
- Help out with the preparation of all meals
- Give 30 mins of your time to clean it before you leave. A duties roster will be organised for your stay, asking you to look after a particular part of the lodge.
wtmc.org.nz/lodgebookings -- preferred method
This is the most reliable booking method. Availability and your booking will be confirmed by the online booking system immediately.
The internet based booking system will give you an option to request either a double (shared) or single bunk and you will have the ability to state your bunk or room preference. Every effort will be made to accommodate your selected preference. However, depending on prior selection by others your bunk preference is not guaranteed.
Contact the Lodge Booking Officer
Alternatively you can contact the booking officer using our contact form - select 'Lodge' in the 'To' box of the form.
Bookings cannot be confirmed until payment is made. Online bookings will take precedence until payment is received and the Booking Officer has the time to process your booking manually.
- Your name, email and phone number (mobile preferred),
- arrival/departure dates,
- number of nights,
- names of individuals,
- Member/ Non Member,
- booking type, e.g. adult (see rates table)
- bunk preference (if you have one).
How to Pay
When booking using wtmc.org.nz/LodgeBookings - pay by credit card.
If booking manually - pay for your stay by depositing your money in the WTMC Club bank account.
Use 'Your Name - Ruapehu- Arrival Date' as the banking reference, and let the Lodge booking officer know when you have paid and how much.
1. Booking priority
Bookings are first come, first served, with bookings open earlier for members than non-members.
2. Booking confirmation
Your booking is not confirmed until payment is received.
NO PAYMENT = NO BOOKING.
3. Winter weekends
- Run from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon, including all meals on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday. If planning to stay only one night in a weekend you still need to pay for the whole weekend.
- Bookings must be made by 9pm on the Wednesday prior to the weekend you want to book so that the food can be organised.
4. Winter weeks
- Run for 5 nights from Sunday evening to Friday afternoon, during the winter ski season.
5. Vouching for non-members
When a member books non-members into the lodge they are accepting responsibility for their behaviour and character.
6. Direct Bookings from Non-Members.
- Bookings from non-members can be accepted. Bookings MAY be refused if they do not have Club members prepared to vouch for them.
- Non-members booking online will be required to enter a referring members name into the booking system.
- The lodge must always have a member staying in the lodge. Non-members not already accompanied by a member should contact the booking officer first before making a booking to check there is a member present for the stay.
- It is your responsibility to get yourself to and from the Lodge.
- Be prepared for winter driving and carry snow chains.
- If you need transport, then mention this to the Lodge Booking Officer; there may be car-pooling options available.
- All cancellations must be made through the Lodge Booking Officer
- Week trips – refund is lodge fees less a $10 booking fee per person providing cancellation notice is received by 8pm 3 Mondays before the trip runs
- Weekend trips – as above but cancellation notice is required 2 Mondays before the trip runs
- Any other refund requests will be referred to the General Committee
9. Closure due to weather conditions
If you are unable to get into the lodge because the road is closed or the lodge is not open, and you have discussed the situation with the Lodge Leader and there isn’t a feasible way to resolve it, then you’ll get a refund on your lodge accommodation.
10. Lodge Capacity
Lodge capacity is 32 persons including babies sleeping in cots. Due to safety regulations, overbooking the lodge on any night is not permitted.
Cost to Stay in the Lodge
Great news for families and teens! Thanks to your support we've been able to maintain lower youth rates to encourage more young people and family groups to use our lodge.
23 Oct 2018 to 27 Jun 2019
|Members (per night)||Non-members (per night)|
Note: In summer 2019/20, rates for adults and children will increase by $1/night.
28 Jun 2019 to 27 Oct 2019
|Members (per night)||Non-members (per night)|
- All values GST Inclusive.
- 2 night minum stay, Fri and Sat nights.
- Winter rates include food ; Summer rates do not include food.
- There is no charge for babies if they are not occupying a bunk.
To book a place at the Lodge, follow our instructions above in this page or contact the Lodge booking officer for further information.
Winter bookings open on 1 May for members, and 1 Jun for non-members.
|Date (Sat)||Weekend||Following Week|
|21-April-2018||Wed 25 April - ANZAC Day|
|28-April-2018||1 May - Member bookings open|
|12-May-2018||Cleaning Party -
|19-May-2018||Food restock -
|26-May-2018||1 June - Non-member bookings open|
|2-June-2018||Queens Birthday - Happy Valley opens.|
|9-June-2018||Alp leaders' course|
|23-June-2018||Mid winter xmas/solstice
Skifield opening weekend
|7-July-2018||Snowcraft 1||School hols - half price kids!|
|28-July-2018|| Van transport available
Moonlight Tongariro Crossing
|11-August-2018||Pinnacle Traverse||Ladies' week 1 with Janine|
|25-August-2018||Van transport available|
|1-September-2018||Ski race training weekend - Gareth Gretton||Lodge Booked|
|8-September-2018|| Families weekend
Ski touring, Girdlestone
|Ladies' week 2 with Jan
Club week with Brian
|15-September-2018||Ruapehu Summits||Lodge booked|
|22-September-2018||Interclub sports weekend - Simon Lillico|
|6-October-2018||School hols - half price kids!|
|20-October-2018||Labour weekend||Full mountain closing date|