Helen Clarke

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Stephen

I just wanted to say that Jim (and his newly graduated side-kick) did a splendid job last night as Social Convenor. Their friendly, light hearted manner made for a good evening. Well done to all who made it happen.

Shall we have Jim Bolger come and talk to us about the Milford? Not.

Stephen

• #16168 Reply
      Jim

Thanks for those comments, Stephen.
      I confess to a few nerves, but I’m sure that helps. I’d definitely vote for her if I got my citizenship before the next election (despite working in Internal Affairs, I don’t think this will happen…) as I thought she was
      flipping marvellous, to use a good pommy phrase. Very down-to-earth and good-humoured. And it was great that she hung around until 9.20 and talked to all and sundry. And she even drank a mug of Jeff’s tea, which was quite brave, I thought.
      We took over $200 on the door, I can report. Always good to get some of that TTC money… It’ll keep us in fancy tea bags for months to come.
      Cheers
      Jim

• #16169 Reply
      Andrew McLellan

Hey Jim you don’t have to be a citizen to vote – being a permanent resident is sufficient.

Well done on a very entertaining evening – I think even the PM’s bodyguard cracked a smile ocassionally.

• #16170 Reply
      Jeffrey Weir

A big thanks also to Troy Vasa for supplying the Datashow Projector. Cheers Elf-man!

• #16172 Reply
      Jim Kimber

Aha – that’s good news, thanks for letting me know. Like to participate in democracy when I can…
      Cheers
      Jim

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Helen Clarke
Your information: