Ice axe – Hammer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Grant Newton

Hi,

I’m looking for a hammer for mountaineering trips, preferably second hand as I struggle to justify spending the big $$ when it would only get limited use. Does anyone out there know where I may get one?

Or does anyone know of a place that offers these for hire?

Cheers
      Grant

• #16173 Reply
      Graham Bussell

Hi Grant

Someone might prove me wrong, but getting hold of a hammer second hand is not easy with demand far outstripping supply.

You might just have to be patient and wait – keep an eye out in the various NZAC section newsletters, shop for sale notice boards for a possible sighting.

I also believe Bivouac had reasonably cheap no frills hammers on sale a month or two ago for about $250 but I’m not sure if they have any left now.

If you get really desperate there’s a CHarlet Moser hammer lying in the head of Agnes stream on the way to the Garden of Eden (courtesy of vuwtc)

good luck
      Graham

• #16174 Reply
      Andrew Russell

I got one from cash converters so that could be worth a look. Although I agree with Graham’s comments above that demand out ways supply so being in the right place at the right time would be an advantage!!

Cheers Andrew

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Ice axe – Hammer
Your information: