Long Haired Groover Spotted

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Nature Enthusiast (166.65.54.1),

Trampers in the Tararuas last Saturday (26/1/02), reported sighting the supposedly extinct species of “Long Haired Groover”. Groovers which are a member of the “Retired Tramper” genus were once prolific in New Zealand national parks, with numbers peaking in the 1970s. However the return of good taste in the 80s and the lure of fancy rest homes saw numbers decline. The species was officially declared extinct in 1995.
      Forest & Bird are treating the sighting as a hoax. “Other recent unsubstantiated sightings in the Maruia and Mangantinoka hot springs are more likely than this latest sighting” a spokesman said. “No Groover in his right mind is going to be seen anywhere near such an unhospitable environment as the Tararuas”.
      The trampers are adamant that this is no hoax. “The call of the Groover was unmistakable”, they said. ” O woe is me. I should never have come back to this miserable hell hole. I shall retire from tramping and go live in a rest home. could only be the Groover” they claimed.
      Whether the Groover still exists may be debatable, but it seems sightings in the wild are likely to continue for a long time yet.

• #16215 Reply
      test (210.54.40.99),

Must be a hoax!

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Long Haired Groover Spotted
Your information: