Mtneering Training Video

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Stephen

Just a quick update to let you know that the new Charlie Hobbs video is available online to purchase at the Outdoor Store.

“Staying Alive” A Technical Mountaineering Training video is now available. This fantastic production sells for only $39.95 plus postage (except in NZ). This video contains vital information that is needed if you’re intending to learn above the snowline climbing techniques.

“In my early climbing days we didn’t have the sophisticated equipment that Charlie so expertly displays. But Charlie’s technical training film is an invaluable guide to the modern mountaineer. It contains the basic skills required for anyone venturing above the snow line and I can thoroughly recommend it.” Sir Edmund Hillary

Just follow the link.
      <http://www.outdoorstore.co.nz>

Stephen
      | http://www.wtmc.org.nz
      Wellington Tramping & Mountaineering Club
      PO Box 5068 | Wellington | New Zealand

• #17054 Reply
      Andrew McLellan

The club is considering buying a copy out of the huge Chief Guide’s training budget – so if it hasn’t already happened post your support for the idea here.

• #17057 Reply
      Glynne Lloyd

Andrew,

Is this the same video that we talked about earlier in the year. The same one that Gabriel, Fiona, and Keith saw at the FMC Instructors Training Course.

If so I suppose I should pull finger and get a copy for the club.

Cheers, Glynne

• #17059 Reply
      Andrew McLellan

yep same one

• #17060 Reply
      Craig Jones

I purchased a copy of this video and definitely recommend its use when teaching alpine climbing techniques. It includes everything from step cutting to self-arresting to belaying and best of all has pretty funky background music throughout especially when the video covers alpine clothing.

• #17066 Reply
      Glynne Lloyd

Having just bought this video for the club from this site for $37.95 (includes 5% FMC discount) I popped into the Mountain Safety Council to pick up some Going Bush brochures and discovered that MSC are selling it for $25.

Woops! Anyway if you plan on buying it, I reckown MSC is the way to go.

Cheers, Glynne

• #17067 Reply
      Andrew McLellan

just goes to show the internet ain’t always the cheapest option – should be a good resource for the club AICs

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: Mtneering Training Video
Your information: