A few questions :-D

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve Reese

Gidday club members

Hi, it’s me Steve again. Here I present a few minor questions relating to the subject of Human Waste Disposal. Your expertise would be much appreciated.

Don’t worry, it will only take a few minutes (if that), and I re-assure you that the information you provide is anonymous and confidential, and shall be used for research purposes only. In order to ensure your confidentiality, it would be most appropriate if you directed your answers to my e-mail address provided, rather than replying to the web site.

At this early stage in the project, I am doing a bit of ground research, attempting to analyse existing strategies and products.

1)???? Are you content with existing Department of Conservation Facilities?

2)???? It is recommended by The Department of Conservation that where there are no facilities available, the tramper should dig a hole at least 50m from water. Do you find this system of waste disposal acceptable?

3)???? Do you find this system comfortable?

4)???? There are many different forms of facilities supplied by the Department of Conservation for differing situations. Do you believe the hygiene level in these facilities is up to an acceptable standard?

5)???? Go you have any specific hygiene concerns regarding existing facilities or techniques regarding human waste disposal?

6)???? Do you believe sufficient steps are been taken in order to slow the spreading of diseases such as giardia in the backcountry?

7)???? Do you choose to use existing Department of Conservation facilities, or do you prefer to use alternative methods where possible?

8)???? What factors steer you away from, or towards existing Department of Conservation facilities?

9)???? Do you find the location of toilet paper an issue?

10)?? Do you find using a torch necessary at night time?

11)?? ‘Packing it out’ is increasingly becoming necessary in New Zealand. Do you have any concerns about this process? If so please comment.

12)?? Do you have any other concerning problems relating to human waste disposal?

Thank you very much for you time, this will aid in my reasearch greatly. I again stress that this information will be used for research purposes only and will remain confidential. I would like to keep in touch with the WT&MC club throughout my project, and will keep you informed as to where I am heading.

Yours Sincerely,
      Steve. :-)

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: A few questions :-D
Your information: