In praise of the 2024 Tramping Calendar. Harry Shakespeare recites his sonnet.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony Gazley
      Keymaster

• #80586 Reply
      Geoff

Hark, good gentles!

Attendeth unto mine words, forsooth, as I hath partaken in the auditory delight of the WTMC Forum scroll entitled ‘In Laud of the 2024 Tramping Calendar.’

Verily, I am constrained to deem it false in its entirety. Methinks my fellow wordsmith, Shakespeare, would never have penned aught in praise of a mercantile venture — he, whose penchant lies in likening all things to a day in summer.

I shall dispatch missives unto him, extending mine aid if he desireth to embark upon the path of copyright contention.
      I remain, in all fealty,

Geoff C.

• #80647 Reply
      Wllm Shakespere

Good morrow, gentle Geoff.

Art thou perchance down in Canterbury with someone knowledgeable in copyright law – a man of law perhaps, or maybe a summoner? Alas, copyright did not exist in my day, as thou well knowest, and even if it had, it would have run out centuries ago. Otherwise I would probably now be the richest man in the world! Instead I am reduced to wasting my time writing dreary doggerel and awful advertising jingles about calendars, rather than composing timeless sonnets about love, beauty, and mortality. Still, it’s a living, methinks, and perhaps I will get a free calendar out of it – it’s not a bad calendar as calendars go, and if I get a free one I may be able to flog it off and buy a new set of quills and ink.

yours immortally,
      William

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: In praise of the 2024 Tramping Calendar. Harry Shakespeare recites his sonnet.
Your information: