Online Survey – outcome

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Webmaster

Thanks to many of you who provided some excellent ideas of how you’d like to see this website improved. There are some very good ideas and the webmaster will slowly get around to doing them, hopefully by the end of the year.

Classified Ads – It’s a good idea but I think it’s just as easy to place your adds here on the forum page as others have done.

Online Bookings for the Lodge and Payments – I’m slowly working on this and the Ruapehu Lodge Booking Officer agrees that this is worthwhile. We will make this a project to hopefully have in place for the ski season next year.

Booking trips online – We’d rather have you get along on a Wednesday night and meet your trip leader in person and to make the booking that way.

More Info about basic gear requirements – Grant Newton has suggested this could be improved and it has. There is also some further work to be done which includes information for trip leaders too.

Updated stories and photos – Yes… agree. Just waiting for the new journal and will seek permission from contributors. The galleries page will also be updated soon with a few new pics from last years photo competition.

More links to outdoor sites – are there plenty there already?? “……there’s a very comprehensive list of other outdoor resources on the Web.” (WETA review)

Section on favourite tramps – good idea. Need to think how to do this… perhaps have you submit this yourself.

Link on homepage to Club night info – weekly Club night info will feature on the new home page coming soon.

Reinstate Newsletter on the members page – this has been mentioned to the Editor

Suggested day walks – could perhaps link in with favourite tramps above.

Links to other club trip schedules – we’d rather promote our own trips but if you’re interested in taking a look, see tramping clubs on the links page.

Descriptions of upcoming trips and maps. – a very good idea. I need to think how this could be done. In the meantime, take a look at http://www.hike.org This NZ tramping site has plenty of descriptions route and area descriptions. As far as maps are concerned, I’d suggest you buy them. You could also buy a CD ROM version available here: http://www.polymedia.co.nz/nzmapped/default.htm

Streaming videos of trips – uh huh…nice idea….you carry the camcorder.

More trip photos – I’ll look to make this happen on the members page so that you can upload them yourself. I’m also trying to get the forum to do this too.

More slide shows – If you’ve got some new pictures, contact me. I’d like to get some more up there on NZ tramping areas, National Parks etc.

Recipes – This is a good idea too. If you’ve got one or two favourite meals you make in the bush, then I could make a page to include them on… perhaps make a feature Trampers Meal on the What’s New page.

Membership Application Forms – This has since been placed on the Member’s Page.

Contacts phone list – not too sure what was meant here. Does the new membership db provide the information you need?

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Online Survey – outcome
Your information: