This month we welcome Emily Stretch, Kirsty van Reenen and Joe Harbridge as new senior members to the club.
Thank you to about two thirds of you who have renewed your subs. However there are still a few people yet to pay up. If you are one of those people please renew your membership as soon as possible. If you can’t find your invoice please send me an email. Also please also let me know if your contact details have changed.
There are some great benefits of being a member of WTMC:
- Discounted rates for overnight trips and training courses like snowcraft and first aid.
- Federated Mountain Club membership which includes a free quarterly Bulletin and a Discount Card which offers significant reductions on a range of transport, clothing, accommodation, equipment (including personal locator beacons, and Great Walk tickets and the Wilderness Magazine). This also includes 30% of DOC’s Annual Backcountry Hut Pass.
- Preferential bookings and rates at the WTMC Lodge on Mt Ruapehu.
- Free accommodation at Paua Hut in the Orongorongos.
- Discounts at Ferg’s Climbing gym.
- Annual club journal featuring stunning photos and great articles from our members.
- Getting involved. As a member you have a voice to vote at our AGMs, help out with the running of the club including: lead trips, drive the club van, carry out various Wednesday night duties and join our committee team.
If you are not yet a member, join as soon as you have completed two overnight tramping trips with us!