Committee Member Profile: Paul Jeffries
1. Place of birth: Blenheim
2. Occupation: Chief Guide
3. Been a WTMC member for: 5 years.
4. How I have benefitted (from being a member): Made good friends & been on some awesome tramps
5. Best WTMC Alpine trip: Lake Angelus Nelson Lakes
6. Best NAV trip: Rae Ridge Tararuas
7. Funniest moment: Frozen mince leaking through my pack clothes and cooking it in spaghetti bolognese
8. Favourite Trip Dessert: Jamaican Ginger Loaf with Butterscotch Sauce
9. Favourite tramping hut: Jumbo Hut Tararuas
10. Best day trip: Mainland Island — Wainuiomata Water Catchment (8000 year old trees)
11. The place I would put at the top of my ‘bucket list’: Tapuaenuku Inland Kaikouras
Important dates coming up
- Outdoor First Aid 23-25 April (numbers limited)
- Leadership Course 14-16 May
A Sustainable Life
There are many ways to make life more sustainable. Follow the 3R Rule – Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
- Reduce – make recycle friendly choices so you have less waste
- Reuse – use the same item more than once, rather than disposing
- Recycle – buy products made from recycled materials
For more ideas of how to make your life more sustainable check out http://www.sustainability.govt.nz for ideas on rubbish, water, energy, building, transport, gardening and shopping and http://www.rightlight.govt.nz
The Lodge is 5 mins from the Whakapapa car park, the envy of most New Zealanders. To make the most of this great Lodge opportunity contact or ph 479 6799.
Don’t forget about Paua Hut free for members and $7 per person per night if non-member. Paua Hut for Bookings Phil Kendon
Paul Jeffries, Chief Guide