Big changes are coming to the club rooms for Wednesday gear pickup and social nights…
The venue where we host our Wednesday social nights at 4 Moncrieff Street (Tararua Tramping Club Hall or TTC Hall) is about to be renovated! They will be doing earthquake strengthening, installing wheelchair access, renovating the toilets and improving the basement storage and meeting rooms (and may even install better heaters). This is an exciting time for the hall, but has big impacts for WTMC Wednesday gear storage/pickup and social nights.
Changes to gear storage – starting 10 October 2016
Construction will begin on the basement area the second week of October. Only a limited supply of essential gear will be stored at the club rooms. What does that mean for you?
- Absolutely essential you return gear the next week after your trip – if you don’t, it’s likely someone else won’t have a fly or billy or PLB on their trip.
- Gear will be stored upstairs under the stage
- If you have an unusual need for gear, like axes for chopping wood, climbing harnesses or 20 pairs of crampons you must email Frances the gear custodian at
Changes to Social Night venue – starting Mid-December 2016
The hall will be closed mid-December through March of next year. Watch for an email about the last club night on 14 December for a special Christmas social venue and end of year gear pickup.
We need your help! We are looking for a temporary home for the first half of 2017. We are contacting local community centres, hall, schools, libraries and other locations to find a new venue. But we need your ideas. Do you know of a hidden location? Maybe at your workplace? That:
- is available on a Wednesday from 5:30-8:30pm (or about then)
- can fit up to 50 people seated or more
- has a cupboard for storage
- is located near central Wellington city (Te Aro suburb)
- has a wall or screen to view presentations
Be sure you don’t miss important announcements: