I’ve been so busy organising exciting presentations for our Wednesday nights, that I’ve forgotten to tell you about them. Here’s what is coming up for the next month, including our WTMC Member’s only discount night at Wellington Bivouac store on 21 July.
- 24 June – Double feature! Paul Maxim, author of Bold Beyond Belief, will show and talk about the film on the bold mountaineer Bill Denz, followed by the film and a talk about the new Kime Hut.
- 1 July – Richard House will share his adventures in the Brecon Beacons in South Wales.
- 8 July – Sharron Came will share highlights from her recent trail running adventures including Motatapu/Hillary/Round Taranaki (this includes her stint with Mal Law, who ran 50 mountain marathons in 50 days to help raise funds for the Mental Health Foundation).
- 15 July – Richard Young, WTMC’s world famous photographer, will take us on a photographic journey from Fiordland to Tongariro.
- 22 July – Spencer Clubb shares his adventures through the Red Centre the easy way, by road tripping in the Australian outback to Ayers Rock/Uluru.
- 29 July – Angie Wilkinson is planning a surprise presentation which might feature a cycle adventure or the Luna Loop of Kahurangi. You’ll only know if you come along!
I’m always looking for ideas for club nights, whether it’s a recent tramp slide show, or an education talk or a social pub crawl. All ideas welcome, especially when there is a name attached to organising it (feel free to nominate your mate). Just contact me at .
See you at the Club rooms!