[This email was sent on 08 November 2022]
This email provides a brief update on club trips:
- Outdoor first aid course on 26/27 Nov
- New cookbook available online
- Club fuel card
- Summer break close-down dates
Ngā mihi, nā
Anne de Ferron
Outdoor first aid course on 26/27 Nov
Outdoor Training NZ is running a course in November in partnership with Peak Safety It will be held in Belmont Park and focus on outdoor first aid specifically.
- 1-day course: Sat 26 Nov (If you already have a first aid certificate that needs renewal)
- 2-day course: 26+27 Nov (If you don’t have a first aid certificate or want to take the full course)
Cost for club members: $80!
Instead of $230 and $311 for the 1-day and 2-day course respectively.
This discounted price is made possible thanks to a $1,000 FMC Training grant received by the WTMC this year, and the club is matching the grant amount to sponsor 10 members to upskill in outdoor first aid.
For more information and to sign up, please email the Chief Guide.
WTMC cookbook available online
Hard copies of the new WTMC cookbook have sold out! The new version is now available online:
- Last revised in 2013, the new 2020 edition of the WTMC recipe book contains 180 pages with over 25 new recipes, as well as corrections to existing meals.
- The recipe book lists almost 100 recipes in total, including tramping meals, desserts, dehydrated meals and snacks. This new version also indicates meals that can be made gluten free, vegetarian or vegan.
Club fuel card
The club fuel card is available to refill the club van:
- The fuel card can be used to refill the club van (up to $150, diesel only)
- The fuel card should always stay in the plastic sleeve attached to the van key (including when going tramping and when returning the van key to the club)
- Instructions on how to use the fuel card will now be provided to trip leaders / drivers in the week before they pick up the van for their trips.
When using a rental or private vehicle, the club will continue to issue refunds for petrol costs. Please email the Treasurer with your full name and bank account number, and a GST receipt for the transaction.
Summer break close-down dates
The gear room will be closed over the break:
- Last gear pick up/drop off on Wednesday 21 December 2022.
- First pick up/drop off on Wednesday 11 January 2023.