This month’s newsletter manages to capture the full range of club activities which go far beyond tramping (though we managed plenty of that as well). Read on for tales of family trips, mountain running, cycling challenges, alpine adventures and daywalks.
A few tidbits you might notice while you devouring this month’s issue:
• If reading all about the Golden Brick Road family trip gets you inspired to pack up your children and get tramping, you might want to check-out the active group of WTMC family trampers including all ages (even the ones that have to be carried alongside the pack, nappies and all!). To find out more, contact .
• Looking for some fitness training while enjoying the bush? Some of the successful Mukamuka Munter runners are looking for trail running buddies. Read the best little trail run to find out what you might be getting in to and then drop a line to or visit http://www.betterthantv.co.nz/.
• If cycling is more your bag, why not sign up for the Taupo Cycle Challenge this November. Read about two different approaches to this event and choose your own adventure.
• Some trampers have found yoga a more relaxing alternative – consider checking out Yoga for Trampers, running most Wednesdays 6-7pm before Club nights at the club hall. Contact for upcoming dates and more details.
• The week following our new members night (where people can learn all about tramping and the club), Bivouac will be giving a talk on 16 October about what to look for when shopping for packs, parkas and boots as well as answering any of the technical questions you gear heads can throw at him. This will be especially helpful to new trampers and Bivouac will be handing out vouchers for 10% for people who aren’t yet club members.
And if you still don’t know where to start, swing by Wednesday club night. Tea and biscuits are on at 7:30 for mingling, followed by 8pm slide shows and talks. You’re sure to be inspired or at least find a trip that will whet your appetite.