The Club photo competition is coming up again and there are two dates to mark in your calendar:
March 19th – final deadline for entries
April 2nd – the club night when the entries are shown and winners announced.
There are still a few weeks to take some award winning photos. Winning and runner-up photos get entry into the Federated Mountain Clubs (FMC) photo competition. As a result, the categories and rules are taken from the FMC competition. Entries are open only to club members.
No more than 2 entries per person in any one category. The categories are:
- ABOVE BUSHLINE
- BELOW BUSHLINE
- HUT OR CAMP LIFE
- NATIVE FLORA OR FAUNA **
- OUTDOOR LANDSCAPES **
** no people in these photos
All entries (except in Historic category) must meet the following criteria:
- Be submitted electronically with a file size between 500KB and 5MB as .jpg files.
- The only digital manipulation permitted is cropping, sharpening and tonal or exposure adjustments.
- Panoramic stitched images are acceptable provided the only manipulation other than stitching is cropping, sharpening and tonal or exposure adjustments.
- Be taken since 1 January 2012 by a member of the club and may not have won awards in any other photographic competition.
- Entries in the Historic category can be submitted as original prints or colour slides (these will be returned) or scanned and submitted electronically. If scanned they should be at least 600 pixels on each dimension.
- All photos must be taken in New Zealand.
All electronic files must be named strictly according to the format below:
eg. ABL-WTMC-Joe Bloggs-Mt Smith.jpg
Category codes are:
Hut & Camp Life:HCL
Native Flora & Fauna:NFF
Email us with entries and questions at photos @ wtmc dot org dot nz