WTMC Trail runners recorded some some great results in the 2015 Tararewa Ultra Marathon on 7 February.
This is an event for people who scoff at a mere 42km marathon and carry on to do 60, 85, even 100km.
Sarah was buzzing after she got her fantastic 4th in agegroup: “My goal was simply to get to the start line and then get to the finish line so I was super chuffed because I got a PB for 60km. I’ve since realised that my 60km time would have got me 3rd female in the 60km race if I had just run that – they actually thought I was just running 60km when I came into that check-point – then realised I was actually doing 100km and told me to keep running!”
Confirmed results are
- Gareth Morton 60km 8hr 12 minutes 60th male (16th in age group and a personal best!)
- Sharron Came 100km 15hr 2 minutes 76th female (27th in age group)
- Sarah Fisher 100km 11 hr 25 minutes 14th female (4th in age group)
- Stephen Healey 100km 15hr 21 minutes
- Eddie Hussey 100km 13 hr 32 minutes