22-24 Feb MTB Trip Whanganui NP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Schier

Heyo,

I just got an email with questions regarding my trip.
      So if you’re also thinking about coming along this *aaaawesome ride* ;) (or you haven’t heard about it yet), here’s the copy&paste text:

Currently, the plan is as follows:
      FR: drive up to Raetihi, sleeping at the Holiday park there
      SA: biking up to Whakahoro, around 60km, I think there’s a hut, otherwise we’ll use flies.
      SO: biking down to the bridge of nowhere, jeboating out to Pipiriki, biking back to Raetihi, in total again around 60km on the bike, drive back to Welly

I uploaded some track information here: http://goo.gl/maps/WewYb

• #18673 Reply
      MikeG

Hey Michael, want me to promo your trip on our facebook page too?

• #18675 Reply
      Cathy Screech

Hi Michael

Sorry I wasn’t sure how to contact you – I signed up for the trip last Wednesday but also asked you some queries as I wasn’t sure how hard-out the trip would be. You referred me to here where there was some more information. I think the trip is a bit too big for me unfortunately, so unfortunately I won’t be able to attend. I will be at the meeting tomorrow night if need to discuss further.

Regards
      Cathy

• #18676 Reply
      schiermike

Hi Cathy,

sorry for not contacting you until now. I was unable to find your email address, would be great if I can get it via this forum.
      Regarding the required trip fitness level: 60km sounds a lot, but the difference in altitude is quite low. It’s rather a cycling than a MTB trip, no single trails etc.
      Of course, I don’t know your level of fitness, but if you can do a medium tramping trip, you should also be fine with this one.

And nope, we’re not in hurry, everybody can bike her own speed!
      So I would recon: give it a try! ;-)

cheers,
      mike

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: 22-24 Feb MTB Trip Whanganui NP
Your information: