8-10 March Ruapehu Lodge open weekend

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      MikeG
      Inactive

I’m opening up the Ruapehu Lodge on 8-10 March for a family-tramping weekend. But, these weekends are always popular and it’s one of the few times the lodge will be open for member and non member punters this summer.

I will be organising some easy-ish daywalks but you can come up and do whatever you like really. There’s so much to do in Tongariro National Park, from mountain ascents to gentle walks to hot pools – or just laze about in the lodge, look at the stunning views of Mt Taranaki out the picture window to the west, do a bit of a walk around the skifield, and drink coffee. Fantastic!

Our lodge is 100m from the carpark so you’re not trekking halfway up the mountain on Friday night. It’s fully kitted out with catering-style kitchen, comfortable lounge area, spacious bunkrooms that are more like private lounges, and shared bathrooms.

This trip will be self-drive, though there’ll be car-pooling options and if there’s demand I’ll get a van. I’ll collect a kitty for dinner for those that want it (or feel free to self cater or head to the pub down the hill for great pizza and burgers).

Accommodation cost: Member adults/children $46/$38 for the weekend; Non-members $66/$54 for the weekend.

Email me (Mike) back at or give me a ring on 021 103 4119.

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: 8-10 March Ruapehu Lodge open weekend
Your information: