CONGRATS TO WTMC CRAZY PEOPLE!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Lee-Ann Mitchell

Congrats to the WTMC’ers who completed the Crazyman Classic on Sunday..in skimming thru the results…

congrats to
      Brian and Jan Goodwin, Rob Comesky, Armin Scaeher, Jo Holden, Keith Gerritsen, Alisdair Alexander…and any other WTMC’ers I may have missed

Lee-Ann
      Promotions Officer

• #17248 Reply
      Shane Connolly

Also Congrats to those WTMCers who competed in the Autumn Mist Rogaine well organised and run by the Wairarapa Orienteering Club.

That included:
      Stuart Palmer, Andrew Mclellan, in the 12 hr event
      Jo McKenzie, Harriette Carr, Shane Connolly, in the 6 hr event
      Paul Abbot and Wendy Shuker. 6hr event

Stuart and Andrew came third in the 12hr Section. Well done guys!
      Stuart won the major spot prize.
      Ex clubbies Dan Rhodes/Serge van Dam came 5th in the 12hr event
      + Rachel Dawber and Christine Whiteford came 1st in the womens 6hr category.
      Harriette had fun dragging Shane around the hills
      Paul and Wendy did plenty of running on the flat.

Results at http://trusthouse.co.nz/sport/orienteering/rogaine.htm

Shane (Web-boy with blisters)

• #17249 Reply
      Andrew

Stuart and I came 3rd in open mens 12 hr and 5th overall as we were squeezed out by a couple of vet men’s teams – which wasn’t so bad given Stuart just tips over into the Vet category.

• #17250 Reply
      Harry

You could also congratulate Kristina Strode-Penny who was the top woman in the Crazyman Classic, since although she’s not a club member herself she has a family connection with the club.

Although having said that, I’m personally not sure whether people who do things like the Crazyman Classic or 12 hour rogaines should be congratulated or whether they should be regarded as complete sickos and locked up for the protection of society at large…….

P.S. Kristina is giving a talk next week (although unfortunately it clashes with club night). See details below, if you’re interested:

Run, bike and kayak the length of NZ
      Why not do it as a race?

The month-long nzwildplaces length-of-NZ race is happening for the second time this November.

If you are intrigued by what some people do for a hoot, wonder whether you could do such an extraordinary thing, or have even entered the race but aren’t sure what you are committed to, come and hear:

Why I raced the 2001 NZ race
      How I prepared for it
      What I got out of it

Speaker:
      Kristina Strode-Penny
      aka KrisXena, 1st woman NZ race 2001

When: Wednesday 28 May, 7:30pm
      Where: Parag and Otte House of Travel,
      Level 1, 342 – 352 Lambton Quay, (By
      Plimmer Steps), Wellington
      Cost: $10

• #17251 Reply
      Andrew

C’mon Harry we know you are tempted. With your intelelct an wiliness yo’d clean up in the rogaine events. The rewards are huge. And for the record we actually did society (or at least the landowner) a great service on the day by saving a sheep that was totally exhausted from being stuck in a mud wallow. The look of gratitude in her eye more than made up for the pain experienced later in the day. Enrich your life Harry, go rogaining.

Maybe we should get Xena along to club for a talk sometime – she’s done some pretty remarkable things in the last few years.

• #17252 Reply
      keith

yeah,

I note with much boasting that I came 70 out of 203 in the MTN bike! Xena was only 3 min ahead of me.

training? what training?

Modest keefa

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: CONGRATS TO WTMC CRAZY PEOPLE!
Your information: