emailing people who post in the Phorum

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Paul

I have a question about how you email people who post messages in this Phorum.

From time to time people who post messages say ’email me’, but don’t provide an email address. The only way to respond to them seems to be to post a reply in the Phorum. But in many cases people other than the recipient will not be interested in your message saying “yes, I’d like to go on your trip” or whatever.

Is there some link on the site I’m not spotting?

Paul

• #18624 Reply
      MikeG

Hi Paul,

Yes, you’re on the money with your comments.

Our forum software is from a kinder, gentler time, when you could just splatter email addresses over the internet and there weren’t nasty spammers ready and waiting to harvest them. It’s not smart enough to do things like email you responses or provide a blind way of contacting other forum users.

That’s why you can put your email address in when you post, but it’s not shown anywhere on the forum itself. We’ve switched that off.

If you’re looking for a response, probably the easiest thing is to leave your cellphone no and ask people to text you. Or put your email address in the text, something like ‘mike dot gilbert at gmail’ might help avoid getting spammed. If you’re all club members, you can track each other down using the website’s membership search.

But, don’t worry about just replying in the forum too! The more traffic the better, and it shows others who is interested in a trip.

Cheers, Mike.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: emailing people who post in the Phorum
Your information: