GPS Training – Sun 27 May

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Rowena

WTMC GPS Training – Sunday 27 May

How are your skills with a GPS?
      [size=x-small][/size]Have your own GPS and want to use it more?
      [size=x-small][/size]Have you had a chance to use a GPS yet?
      [size=x-small][/size]Been on trips with others who have a GPS and not understood its benefits/uses?
      [size=x-small][/size]Thinking you might want to use or buy one in the future?

Come and join us to learn more and get some more hands on practise.
      Either bring your own GPS or use one of the spare GPS that I’ll bring.

We’ll meet in Days Bay, check some GPS settings, then go for a walk in East Harbour Regional Park. As we experiment with different features of the GPS we’ll move from place to place, stopping regularly enroute for more in discussion.

GPS are full of features useful for a variety of sports and hobbies, eg geocaching and fishing. We’ll focus on those that are of most use to tramping. This is likely to cover waypoints, measuring distances, grid references, direction of travel, navigating down a spur, navigating to a set location, ‘go to’s, using ‘Find’ and ‘POI’, maps, compass settings and map settings. If there are other things you’d like to cover to, then just let me know.

The GPS that I am borrowing for the training are Garmin GPSMap 60CSx – a good tramping GPS with similar software to many other Garmin GPS. I am anticipating that most GPS people bring will have maps on them – let me know if yours doesn’t.

Feel free to contact me with any queries.
      Rowena Johnstone –

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: GPS Training – Sun 27 May
Your information: