Mohikinui River

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Geraint Scott

Hello everyone.

I apologise for using your forums but I could not see a contact email address. Regardless, I have an important announcement for you all.

On Thursday the 7th of April, Green MP Kevin Hague will be giving a public lecture at Victoria University about the Mohikinui River and the hydro dam which is being proposed for it. This dam threatens one of the last great rivers in New Zealand, not just environmentally but also as a source of the naural and wondorous pleasure we all derive from nature. Tracks and kayaking routes will be ruined if this dam goes ahead and NZ simply can’t afford to lose yet another river to poor energy planning. If you are interested, please attend the lecture in Room 219 of the Student Union Building at the Kelburn Victoria Campus from 12pm until 1 or 1.30 pm. There will be a short film screening as well as a chance to discuss the issue with Kevin. You can also find an e-card on the Greens website to send to the Government about the issue.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Geraint Scott

Greens@Vic Secretary

• #18423 Reply
      Mike

As a shameless plug, if anyone wants to read about the club trip walking down the Mokihinui River which Steve Austin organised for New Year’s 2010, I wrote it up at http://www.windy.gen.nz/index.php/archives/421 (T’was a bit lengthy for the newsletter.)

Probably not so much like War & Peace as like that boring final Harry Potter book where the characters spent 500 pages walking in circles wondering what to do next. :-P

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Mohikinui River
Your information: