new tent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Paul

Hi all
      My old macpac tent from 1984 has finally fried in the Mt Cook sun at Xmas
      I am looking for a roomy 2 person tent with a decent vestibule, and hopefully one you put the inner up after the outer(sick of getting the inner wet when pitching)
      1. Any recommendations and suggested purchase locations
      2. Anyone got one they want to part with

• #18024 Reply
      Mike McGavin

Hi Paul.

It might not be exactly what you’re after in terms of pitching and I don’t know where you’d plan to use it, but I do have a mint-condition Macpac Nautilus tent that I purchased in a fit of irrationality in late 2006. (I had to pull out of a trip with a cold, and somehow buying a tent when I wasn’t thinking straight seemed to help me feel better on the day.) If you search the web a bit you’ll find a few reviews and information.

I later decided that a small and less heavy Huntech Biv was much better suited to what I actually wanted to do, and consequently this tent has only ever been carried around twice in the bottom of my pack without being used, and set up once in the lounge. It’s been rolled up on a shelf since then.

It cost me about $400 at the time (after a 10% discount from Tisdalls), and I’d probably part with it for about $300 ono. Send me an email if you’re interested or if you’d like a look at it.

Mike.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: new tent
Your information: