Outdoor 1st Aid Course 15-17 April

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve

Time to refresh your outdoor 1st aid skills?

The Club has secured the services of First Aid Consultants Ltd to run an Outdoor 1st Aid course at Brookfields, Wainuiomata on 15-17 April 2011.

I took part in the 2010 course along with 14 other people from the WTMC & Wgtn Alpine Club. By all accounts it was a well facilitated, informative course and certainly value for money.

There is also the option to earn NZQA accreditation for those wanting to complete the listed unit standards (at a slightly higher cost due to increased tuition time)

If you are interested drop me an email and/or sign up to the course sheet which should be available at club nights in the next few weeks.

Indicative cost (incl GST) covering; transport ex Wgtn railway station, 2 x nights accommodation, 2 x breakfast, 2 x lunch, 1 x dinner & course fee is;

Outdoor $230.00 (minimum 12 people) no units
      Outdoor $264.50 (minimum 12 people) units 6402, 6401 and 6400

Steve

• #18403 Reply
      rini sugianto

hi steve..

where can i get your email?

and what’s that units number mean?

thanks!
      rini

• #18404 Reply
      Steve

Hi Rini,

For emailing you just need to click on the “Posted by” underlined blue name. If you do this my address should appear in a new email box.

If you search on the http://www.nzqa.govt.nz Unit Standards section then you’ll be able to learn more about what each unit standard is for. There titles are;

6400 Manage first aid in emergency situations
      6401 Provide first aid
      6402 Provide resuscitation level 2

I understand these unit standards are complusory for people seeking outdoor leadership qualifications etc in NZ.

The final date for signing up to the WTMC 1st Outdoor Aid course is Wedn 16th March.

Steve

• #18420 Reply
      Steve

Unfortunately due to insufficient interest the planned outdoor 1st aid course has been cancelled.

Hopefully this will be rescheduled towards the end of Sept 2011 – watch this space.

Regards

Steve

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Outdoor 1st Aid Course 15-17 April
Your information: