Public Right-of-way at Cape Palliser

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Laura

Hey, does anyone know if there is public right of way along the coast from Cape Palliser through to the Ngapotiki Road end near White Rocks. The new maps say there is a track but can you walk it, and how long does it take to go 1way (is White Rock to Cape Palliser lighthouse).

Also, is the public allowed to walk round to limestone formations and seals Te Kaukau Pt just north of White Rock. I have been there before but on a Geology field trip so I don’t know if my tutor sought permission from the land owner.
      Cheers guys

• #18247 Reply
      Paddy Janes

There is a “paper road” from the Cape Palliser Lighthouse to Ngapotiki Lodge .This paper road has fallen into the tide between the lodge and the locked gate at the northern access to the track/road . There may also be a couple of locked gates between Cape Palliser and Ngapotiki Lodge .One marks the DOC boundary and one the Maori landowners boundary (near the lighthouse)
      If you are walking or mountain biking , you wont have too many hassles , but if you want to 4 wheel drive there is a lot of red tape,access problems in this area.
      Contact White Rock Station 06 307 8895 re Te Kaukau
      Good luck

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Public Right-of-way at Cape Palliser
Your information: