Research questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      shanec

Hi,
      I got this through the email and I thought this might be worth posting on the forum.
      (Or maybe I’m just a sucker for supporting academia?)

Cheers,
      Shane (mail boy)
      ==================================================================

This is an enquiry e-mail via https://www.wtmc.org.nz/ from:
      Chris <>

Hi,

We are currently doing our study at Victoria University, and was wondering if you could help us in our group project? We are doing our management 317 group assignment and was wondering if you could answer the questions below about GPS SOS tracking devices.
      They are as follows…

1) Is there anything wrong with the current GPS trackers?
      2) Is there any features you feel should be on the current trackers? eg. time, radio, LED screen, glow in the dark…
      3) What are the main problems that have been happening with the current trackers?
      4) Is style at all invoved with GPS trackers?
      and last
      4) What would you think of a GPS tracker that has a torch and infared red light (seen by a distance of up to 3km), and is smaller then the current GPS trackers on the market? Would you buy this product if you saw a similar product?

Please if you could reply with the answer’s, we would very much appreciate that

Thank you for your time

Yours faithfully
      Christopher Flood

• #18308 Reply
      harry

I suggest they take some remedial spelling and grammar courses….

• #18310 Reply
      Mike

Yeah, it’s a bit confusing with the way the questions are worded. They’d mean something like an EPIRB, right? Or are they talking about GPS dataloggers, which are dinky little light-weight things that record a track of where you’ve been for later reference but don’t do much else? Or a SPOT beacon ( http://www.findmespot.com/ ), maybe, which is vaguely in-between?

• #18312 Reply
      Jenny

I emailed Chris to clarify what they mean by GPS tracker – whether he was talking about a handheld unit that many of us carry (eg a Garmin GPSMap) that records our tracks and can be used to assist witih navigation or Personal Locator Beacons (PLBs/EPIRBS) for emergency use. He replied:

“I mean the hand held device to assit in persoanl tracking. We bacically need to find out if anything is wrong with the current market for “hand held GPS trackers” and see if we can solve or improve the GPS trackers.”

So I think they want feedback on your handheld GPS units..

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Research questions
Your information: