Tararua Mountain Race Volunteers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lyndsay Fletcher

It is that time of year again where I am looking for volunteers to join my team to help organise the Tararua Mountain Race March 13/14. Can you spare a Friday evenning and or a whole day Saturday. You will be required to do anything from erecting Marquees, sorting race packs, processing runners for the event, pulling down Marquees, setting up the start and finish area, time keeping of runners etc. Remuneration is a free event Tee Shirt and lunch on the Saturday, plus transport costs if need be.

The event start is based at the Kaitoke carpark and the finish at Otaki Forks. Accomadation is provided at kaitoke for the Friday night. The race starts at 7:00 AM and finishes aroung 4:00 PM and covers the Southern Crossing route in the Tararuas. If you can not be available for the whole time then part of the weekend will be fine. Just need to let you know that the race could possible be postponed to the Sunday thus you need to factor this into your decission process. This has only happened once out of the 14 years the event has run.

A real special request would be for a couple of volunteers to help on the Friday. Tasks are to help me collect all the equipment and gear from around Wellington and then to partly setup the finish area.

Please reply to this if you can help out.

• #17375 Reply
      Lee-Ann – Promotions officer

Hot legs Fletcher!
      Happy to help Fri/Sat.. will send you an email.
      Lee-Ann

• #17376 Reply
      Sue

Hey Lyndsay!

Happy to help out again on the Saturday.

Sue

• #17392 Reply
      John Rhodes

Hi Lindsay

I’m hoping to photograph the race somewhere on the tops, maybe around Kime or Hector, so I’m not much use to you on the day but could possibly help Friday if you want me.

Cheers

John Rhodes

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Tararua Mountain Race Volunteers
Your information: