Wanted :: Crampons / Ice Axe

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jon Shutt

Hi Folks,

I’m from the UK, been in NZ for about 8 months, and left my ixe axe and crampons back in the loft in scotland – not being the easiest items to carry around while travelling in summer…

But I’d really like to get out in to the snowy mountains!

As I’ve already got the stuff, I don’t really want to go out and buy it all new again, so If anyone has either a second hand pair of crampons and an axe or two for sale i’d be interestd – or even a winter loan (I’m heading back to the UK for a couple of weeks in October, and will up my own stuff then)

Many thanks

Jon

• #18162 Reply
      Gareth

Hi John,

You can hire ice axe and crampons from the club gear room on a Wednesday night, not that expensive, especially if you are a club member.

Otherwise i would suggest TradeMe as people are prob not that keen on lending this type of gear due to damage and wear and tear.

Cheers.

• #18164 Reply
      Yibai He

Hi John,

I do have pair of crampons which I no longer use, it’s the black diamond’s sabre tooth, beside the color and extra logo at the front it’s pretty much same as the one in the link below. I have the Anti Balling Plate too. it’s a clip on version so you need the suitable boots for it.

http://www.spadout.com/p/black-diamond-sabretooth-clip-crampon/

You can contact either via email or phone if interested.

Regards
      Yibai He, 0272010116

• #18165 Reply
      jon

Hi there, thanks Yibai, but unfortunatly the boots I have here won’t take the clip in style crampons.

I did look on trademe, but agian, the only few I’ve seem are the clip on ones.

Thanks anyway.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Wanted :: Crampons / Ice Axe
Your information: