Cactus packs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike McGavin

Hello.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the Wellington region that’s stocking Cactus Climbing packs? (ie. These ones: http://www.cactusclimbing.co.nz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=160&Itemid=129 )

I had a quick look around town yesterday and there doesn’t seem to be much on offer right now for tramping packs (except for Macpac). I’m quite keen to just get a close-up look at a Cactus pack to see what they’re like, but I can’t seem to find anywhere that stocks them.

The nice Cactus sales lady has already told me that Bivouac’s their main retailer in Wellington, although Bivouac seems to’ve filled up almost their entire wall with Macpac packs at the moment, and they only have smaller bits and pieces from Cactus. If there’s somewhere nearby that already has one or two Cactus packs on display, it’d be tempting to just go there and have a look.

Thanks.
      Mike.

• #17997 Reply
      Grant Newton

Bivouac can order them in on request, but they don’t normally hold the larger sizes in stock

• #17998 Reply
      Mike McGavin

Hi Grant. Thanks for the response.

I ended up walking past Bivouac about an hour ago, and one of the guys phoned up and found that Cactus will do a sale/return policy, meaning they’ll happily send it up for examination and take it back again as long as they get it returned within a week (if it wasn’t sold). I might try and get them to do that once I’ve narrowed down what I want to look at.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Cactus packs
Your information: