Operation Wilkinson

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Shane

Hi,

WLSAR has some links to photos and reports of the Operation Wilkinson.
      http://www.wlsar.org.nz/General/news.html

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jeremya2/SAR_200501/index.html

Thought I spied a few clubbies in amongst the murk. Anyone know how many clubbies were involved?

cheers,
      Shane

• #16701 Reply
      Andrew

The following clubbies were involved in the operation – Gerard Galvin, Wayne Stevens, Yibai he, Andrew McLellan, Jo McKenzie, Paul Abbot, Grant Newton.

An admirable turnout with some members having to rough out the worst weather at the rescue site and perhaps reinforcing their distaste for the Tararuas and tramping more generally – although with his rising profile as media darling our President is rumoured to be seriously coinsidering a change in career.

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and I’m busy planning my next tramp.

• #16703 Reply
      Glynne

Damn! Sounds like I missed out on a good adventurous tramp. Nevermind at about that time I was enjoying a pleasant walk up Cradle Mountain in perfect conditions (Andrew that means plenty of sun shine with no wind and cloud – just in case you’re confused on that point) in Tasmania.

Glynne

• #16704 Reply
      Grant Newton

I bet Harry was disappointed that he missed it ……. Wednesday night was just like the Tara-papa-bloody-rua-roas ….. only the rain was heavier!

• #16705 Reply
      harry

Cradle Mountain was superb – fine, sunny, not a cloud in the sky. Not at all like the Tara-bloody-ruas…..

• #16708 Reply
      Ray

Harry, you must have felt homesick! You should have been on the Cradle Mtn track 2 weeks prior when it rained and snowed for 3 days – continuously…

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Operation Wilkinson
Your information: