Outdoor First Aid Course – May 4 to 6

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Darren Hammond

There are still spaces available on this course.

It is a highly recommended course, and is being run by former club president and Mountain Safety NZ instructor, Helen McDermott. Helen is coming up from Timaru to run this course, so it would be good to have a great turn-out.

However, I need to know ASAP if you are interested, please email me tomorrow (Friday) if at all possible.

• #17879 Reply
      helen

Hi Darren

I am very interested to attend this course, can you please tell me more information or how much it is etc. Thanks

Regards
      Helen Law

• #17880 Reply
      Darren Hammond

Here are some more details on the course, from

http://www.mountainsafety.org.nz/courses/courses.asp#Outdoor%20First%20Aid

Outdoor First Aid

The Outdoor First Aid course is designed to equip outdoor users with the skills and knowledge necessary to manage accidents and sudden illnesses in the outdoor environment for a minimum of 24 hours.
      You will complete a minimum of six hours of practical work in the outdoors treating, along with others in your group, people injured in mock accidents.
      The course is divided into 16 modules, each with its own set of competencies. A course workbook is issued.
      Candidates successfully completing this course may apply through New Zealand Mountain Safety Council to register the following unit standards 424, 6400, 6401, 6402.

Content:

Group & Accident Management
      Patient Management
      C P R
      Airway Care
      Breathing
      Circulation
      Patient Care
      Head Injuries
      Fractures & Dislocations
      Soft Tissue Injuries
      Burns
      Wound Care
      Medical Conditions
      Environmental Conditions
      Poisons
      Evacuation

The course is being held at Brookfields Outdoor Education Centre in Wainuiomata. The final cost is yet to be finalised, but is likely to be around $50 or $60. This is basically just covering the food (all provided for us) and accommodation, and the instructors transport costs. We’ll be heading out on Fri night, and finishing Sun afternoon

Please email me with any further questions

• #17881 Reply
      Darren Hammond

I’ve spoken to the people at the venue, need to finalise numbers by Wed, so as long as you get back to me by Monday or Tuesday, that will be fine.

I will try to confirm the trip fare over the weekend.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Outdoor First Aid Course – May 4 to 6
Your information: