Ride4Change

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Ally

Doing a bit of promo, on behalf of my cousin Tui. She is based near Hamilton… but I thought this was a good idea and topical… with all of the Taupo bunnies out in force!

Cyclists, Would-Be Cyclists and Motorists of New Zealand

I am haunted by the plight of a 17 yr old in Auckland who was recently run off the road by a motorist with a negative attitude. The boy was left paralysed. I want to try to change the negative attitudes and ignorance of motorists to make the roads safer for cyclists in this country. So I am trying to organise a RIDE4CHANGE.

It is not a protest ride – it is simply a ride for positive change. We need to change lots of things, such as the traffic abilities of some cyclists- including myself, road design, town planning, etc etc.

But the main purpose of this ride is to dispel some common myths motorists have, to enlighten people about the sport of cycling to help them better understand us.

I have created a web page explaining all my thinking on this and the page will be updated as the organisation progresses.
      I would love to include some “Critical Mass” ride organisers but have not been able to find a contact yet – if anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it. (Or better still forward this message to them.)

Below is the link to my web page explaining all. Please forward it to as many other people as possible that you know of who you think might be interested in joining us on the ride:
      http://www.hamiltonmtb.org.nz/pagefiles/ride4change.html

Tui Allen
      Ride4Change

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Ride4Change
Your information: