Ruapehu Lodge, drop in anytime over New Years and early January

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      MikeG
      Inactive

Amelia and I are running an Open Ruapehu Lodge this summer. That means that you can use the lodge by just dropping in, no booking, no commitment and no hassle, anytime in early January.

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/anakiwa_forever/2064609880/[/img]

Our Ruapehu Lodge is just 100m from the Top of the Bruce at Whakapapa skifield and sleeps 32 in hostel-style accommodation. The bunkrooms are spacious and comfortable and there’s a great catering-style kitchen, lounge and dining room. More info at https://wtmc.org.nz/lodge-location.

Mt Ruapehu is a great place to hang out in summer. Whether you’re relaxing on the desk admiring the views of the sun setting behind Mt Taranaki, going hard and heading to the summit, hitting the Tongariro Crossing, other walking and tramping, mountain biking the 48 traverse, rafting and jetboating the Tongariro River or chilling at out the hot pools or the Tussock Pub. If you’ve skied or boarded Ruapehu in winter you’ll be quite stunned by how it looks in Summer, too!

How will it work?
      Give us some notice if you can, but just turn up with cash or a chequebook and pay for the nights you want to stay. No booking, no upfront commitment, no hassles if your plans change. If you don’t have a car, give us a yell – we can probably sort out transport for you.

Bring your own food and drinks to cook in the lodge’s full kitchen, or on the BBQ on the deck. Or, go for lunch and coffee at Knoll Ridge cafe, pizza and burgers at the pub, or fine dining at the Chateau!

When is it for?
      Currently we’re planning on having the place open 31 December through 10 January the morning of Sunday 12 January (it should be a fantastic place to see in the new year!).

How much will it cost me?
      The cost will be: Adults $35/night (members $18/night), Children 4-17 $26/night (members $15/night), infants 3 and under free.

How do I find the place?
      The lodge is at Whakapapa Skifield – 100m from the car-park at the Top of the Bruce. It’s a sealed road all the way and an easy drive in summer. Here’s how to find it: https://wtmc.org.nz/lodge-location .

Great! How do I find out more? Where do I sign up?
      Reply to this post, or email Amelia and I at . You don’t have to sign up, but that means we can give you a steer on how to get there and how to get in the door; and it’ll give us an idea of who will be turning up when so we can make sure someone’s around to welcome you.

• #18772 Reply
      MikeG

Check out the Mahi Aroha programme events from DOC – a heap of outdoors events right on the WTMC Lodge’s doorstep:

Mahi Aroha

Showcasing, celebrating and acknowledging all things conservation for the last 50 years, Mahi Aroha brings together the Central Plateau’s stunning natural and historical treasures and serves them to the public in an exciting 50 year anniversary 2013-14 summer programme.

It’s looking good for the Open Lodge this summer. We’re running from 31 December right through to the morning of 12 January, for you to drop in and pay cash on the night – no booking, no commitment, no hassle. See the post above for more details or email us at if you’ve got any questions.

Cheers, Amelia and Mike.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Ruapehu Lodge, drop in anytime over New Years and early January
Your information: