SI Tramping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Geoff Keey

I am heading down to the SI before Christmas and returning to Wellington on 5th January or thereabouts (final dats to be confirmed).

I am looking at doing a couple of trips according to weather. Preferred option is Copland Pass followed by a week up at the McCoy Col/Clyde/upper Rakaia/Arrowsmiths area doing high-level pass hopping (subject to rivers).

I would be particularly keen if there was anyone else who was interested in the McCoy Col trip as a extra person would be good for river crossing. The area is one of Canterbury’s more spectacular mountain areas with great views of spectacular peaks, Garden of Eden etc.

Cheers

Geoff

• #16302 Reply
      Andrew McCrorie

Gday Geoff,
      I am keen to explore between AP & Mt Cook (but not solo) & have nothing planned around Xmas so persuading me about an alpine trip will not be difficult.
      I’m in Wgtn now so give us a call to have a chat about it.
      I’ll be talking to Gabriel soon about a January Southern Alps trip.

I may be committed to leading an HVTC trip (and anyone else who wants to join a fit-trip in the Tararuas) over 20-21 Dec, this is not definite yet but I will be announcing it this Wednesday (11-Dec) evening so give me a call before then if you are looking to get away then.

Cheers Andrew McCrorie

04-5663715, 021-1844318

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: SI Tramping
Your information: