The Lodge Is Run by Those Staying
This is important to know before booking.
There is a lodge leader appointed for each stay. We ask that you follow their instructions.
If you are staying at the lodge we ask that you do your bit to help out with its running:
- Help out with the preparation of all meals
- Give 30 mins of your time to clean it before you leave. A duties roster will be organised for your stay, asking you to look after a particular part of the lodge.
wtmc.org.nz/lodgebookings — preferred method
This is the most reliable booking method. Availability and your booking will be confirmed by the online booking system immediately.
The internet based booking system will give you an option to request either a double (shared) or single bunk and you will have the ability to state your bunk or room preference. Every effort will be made to accommodate your selected preference. However, depending on prior selection by others your bunk preference is not guaranteed.
Contact the Lodge Booking Officer
Alternatively your booking can be made by e-mail or by phone, however bookings cannot be confirmed until payment is made and online bookings will take precedence until payment is received.
- Email: email@example.com
- Answerphone: 04 479 6799
Please read the rules and rates below before you email or phone.
In your email or answerphone message, state:
- Your name and contact details (speak clearly and say your phone number twice on the answerphone)
- arrival/departure dates,
- number of nights,
- names of individuals,
- Member/ Non Member,
- booking type, e.g. adult (see rates table)
- bunk preference (if you have one).
Bookings via email and Phone will be noted and will not be confirmed and manually entered into the internet booking system until payment has been received by the booking officer.
How to Pay
When booking using wtmc.org.nz/LodgeBookings – pay by credit card.
If booking manually – pay for your stay by depositing your money in the WTMC Club bank account.
Use ‘Your Name – Ruapehu- Arrival Date’ as the banking reference, and let the Lodge booking officer know when you have paid and how much.
1. Booking priority
Bookings are first come, first served, with bookings open earlier for members than non-members.
2. Booking confirmation
Your booking is not confirmed until payment is received.
NO PAYMENT = NO BOOKING.
3. Winter weekends
- Run from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon, including all meals on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday. If planning to stay only one night in a weekend you still need to pay for the whole weekend.
- Bookings must be made by 9pm on the Wednesday prior to the weekend you want to book so that the food can be organised.
4. Winter weeks
- Run for 5 nights from Sunday evening to Friday afternoon, during the winter ski season.
5. Vouching for non-members
When a member books non-members into the lodge they are accepting responsibility for their behaviour and character.
6. Direct Bookings from Non-Members.
- Bookings from non-members can be accepted. Bookings MAY be refused if they do not have Club members prepared to vouch for them.
- Non-members booking online will be required to enter a referring members name into the booking system.
- The lodge must always have a member staying in the lodge. Non-members not already accompanied by a member should contact the booking officer first before making a booking to check there is a member present for the stay.
- It is your responsibility to get yourself to and from the Lodge.
- Be prepared for winter driving and carry snow chains.
- If you need transport, then mention this to the Lodge Booking Officer; there may be car-pooling options available.
- All cancellations must be made through the Lodge Booking Officer
- Week trips – refund is lodge fees less a $10 booking fee per person providing cancellation notice is received by 8pm 3 Mondays before the trip runs
- Weekend trips – as above but cancellation notice is required 2 Mondays before the trip runs
- Any other refund requests will be referred to the General Committee
9. Closure due to weather conditions
If you are unable to get into the lodge because the road is closed or the lodge is not open, and you have discussed the situation with the Lodge Leader and there isn’t a feasible way to resolve it, then you’ll get a refund on your lodge accommodation.
10. Lodge Capacity
Lodge capacity is 32 persons including babies sleeping in cots. Due to safety regulations, overbooking the lodge on any night is not permitted.
Cost to Stay in the Lodge
Great news for families and teens! This year we’ve dropped youth rates by up to 20% to encourage more young people and family groups to use our lodge.
Winter Rates – 1 Jul 2017 to 23 Oct 2017
Summer Rates – 24 Oct 2017 to 1 Jul 2018
- All values GST Inclusive.
- Winter rates include food ; Summer rates do not include food.
- For a 3 day weekend, the price is 1 weekend rate plus 1 day rate.
- A weekend is Friday night to Sunday afternoon i.e. minimum booking is 2 nights.
- There is no charge for babies if they are not occupying a bunk.
To book a place at the Lodge, follow our Lodge booking instructions or contact the Lodge booking officer for further information.
Winter bookings open on 1 June for members, and 1 July for non-members.
|Date (Sat)||Weekend||Following Week|
|22-April-2017||ANZAC – lodge booked|
|6-May-2017||Working Party & trip leader training – Sue Walsh|
|20-May-2017||Food restock – Andrew Trembath|
|27-May-2017||1 June – Member bookings open|
|3-June-2017||Queens Birthday – Happy Valley opens.
Families weekend – Baz & Sarah Murfin
|10-June-2017||Food restock #2 – Andrew Trembath|
|24-June-2017||Mid winter xmas/solstice and newbies – Murray Taylor
Whakapapati Hut (E) – Helen Cox
Waihohonu Hut (EM) – Anne De Ferron
|1-July-2017||Full mountain opening date||1 Jul – non-member bookings open|
|8-July-2017||Snowcraft 1 – Henry Fisher||School hols|
|15-July-2017||Families weekend||School hols|
|22-July-2017||Snowcraft 2 – Henry Fisher|
|29-July-2017||alpine leaders weekend – Sharron and David||Lodge booked|
|5-August-2017||families weekend – Mike Gilbert|
|12-August-2017||Whakapapa (Alp2/M) – Nick Johns||Lodge booked|
|19-August-2017||Lodge open – Rodrigo|
|26-August-2017||Te Heuheu (Alp1/M) – Graeme Hearfield||Lodge booked|
|2-September-2017||Ski race training weekend – Gareth Gretton||Lodge open – Brian Goodwin|
|9-September-2017||families weekend – Nick Wood & Marg McLachlan||Lodge booked|
|16-September-2017||Interclub sports weekend – Simon Lillico||Lodge booked|
|23-September-2017||Ruapehu Summits – Henry Fisher|
|7-October-2017||Families weekend||School hols|
|21-October-2017||Labour weekend. Ski touring – Graeme||Full mountain closing date
(Happy Valley stays open until February)
|4-November-2017||Alp trips – various|